Monday 31 August 2015

Worn by || Irena D - Q&A

It's no secret that fashion bloggers and their evolving style massively inspires my design process. But what about when you mix music with fashion? Manchester based singer/songwriter Irena D documents her day to day style whilst also being an immensely talented musician. She styled up the new #JUSTSAYIN portfolio clutch bag and also allowed me to step into her world for 5 mins . . .

Rianna: Tell us a little bit about your life, where were you born and when did you first discover you were interested in music & fashion?


Irena: I was born in Odessa, Ukraine. My grandmother was a professional folk singer and my mother was a music teacher so I believe my destiny was predetermined haha, I remember myself singing in front of a big audience at the age of four without any fear, I think it is in my genes. It was quite obvious for me from the very early age that my life will be dedicated to music and singing. In terms of my passion for fashion, when I was a little girl I used to dress in my mother clothes (which was quite quirky and flamboyant) so the foundation for my "alternative" fashion vision was laid in the extravagant era of the last years of the Soviet Union (crazy times haha)

Rianna: I love your music and am a huge fan of your song ‘Falling’, it’s my new ‘getting ready for a night out’ song! What inspired you to write it? Do you get ready for a night out listening to it too?! If not what’s your fave party song?!

Irena:  The story behind it is rather tragic actually, after a very painful break-up I entered quite a difficult time of my life which reflected on the song lyrics. I guess in order to write a good song you must express your true feelings and emotions based on the experience. My favourite party song? There are too many of them but one of my newest discoveries is Midnight Magic's ‘Beam Me Up’

Rianna: Your fashion style is very eclectic and you tend to embrace multiple looks throughout your blog, but do you have a favourite look?

Irena: My favourite look combines two styles - Extravagantly feminine and off duty singer haha!

Rianna: Does music influence your fashion decisions at all? Do any particular artists inspire your fashion style?

Irena: I think that both things are closely connected, it might sound strange but while composing a song I simultaneously create an outfit for my performance juxtaposing sounds, shapes and colours. I am also very inspired by the fashion style of Roisin Murphy, Debbie Harry and Alison Goldfrapp 

Rianna: Which musicians inspire your work?

Irena: Kate Bush, Grace Jones, Madonna, Debbie Harry

Rianna: If you could only pick 3 items from your wardrobe (to save from the jaws of a garment eating monster!) which 3 pieces would you choose?

Irena: All Saints leather jacket, studded heels by Banana Republic and my Prada bag

Rianna: Where are your top 5 places/restaurants/bars/shops in Manchester?









Tee: H&M 
Heels : Banana Republic   

No comments:

Post a Comment