Tuesday 13 February 2018

Make your own flower wall


Inspired by my recent trip to Elan cafe where I discovered their beautiful floral wall entirely covered in blooms! I felt it was time to use the silk foliage left over from my wedding decor to create a floral backdrop for my studio. It was really easy to do and didn't take very long at all. 

Ingredients needed:

1 large cork pin board - I painted mine white

Pack of dress makers pins

A selection of silk flowers - My absolute faves are from uk based ebay store Heavenly Homes and Gardens.

I also love this store and this store for great artificial draping wisteria.

These are my fave stores for artificial silk peonies here and here.

Starting from one corner, densely attach layers of silk flowers to the board using the dress makers pins to firmly attach each bloom. I snipped the plastic stems off most of the flowers using a little tool kit like this on here














No comments:

Post a Comment